Sunday, February 6, 2011

the SHOEmaker continued ...

“Hey boss, wey thing dey your bag inside?”

KD turned sharply, his sleepy eyes gazing at the voice that just spoke. The man was rough looking, and brandishing a long gleaming cutlass. It was 11:45 pm, KD was walking on a lonely footpath in Dansoman, there was nowhere to run and no one walking around. Things didn’t look too good.

“Why … you fit hear? I say wey thing dey your bag inside!” the man said huskily.

The man stepped forwards aggressively, shifting the cutlass from his left to his right hand. KD looked at him carefully and then spoke, his voice laden with irritation.

“Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for one of you guys? It’s been hours, a small test that I want to conduct and this is what I get? I thought you armed robbers were a little more punctual with your robberies”

The man stopped and looked KD up and down. What kind of nonsense was this? He had seen fear; he had seen anger but this? In fact it had been a long time since his cutlass has spoken with someone’s bones but this idiot was asking for it. I mean, the impudence of someone getting robbed! He grunted and charged at KD.

Almost immediately he stopped short. There was something metallic hovering right in front of his face; it looked strangely like the ‘under’ of a coal pot.

“Thrusters 35% output”, KD’s voice was hushed and quick.

 “Fire”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Ring! Ring!

I looked at the time, 6:15 am. Ah this foolish phone again, its only breakfast time and someone is calling me, they won’t even let me get to the station before disturbing my life. I picked up the phone and answered it with an annoyed, “Hello, Inspector Bediako here, what do you want?”

“Hello Inspector sir”, the voice on the line called out, “we have come across a charred body on one of the back roads near Dansoman roundabout O! We need you to come right now to help sort things out”

I grunted a muffled ‘yes’ and cut the line, this was the third one this month, can’t people just sleep at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment