Monday, February 7, 2011

Airtel, please we are Ghanaians!


Hi peoples, honestly speaking I think the mobile telephone industry still has much to offer us loyal subscribers … which they haven’t given us yet. Don’t get me wrong! Things have come a LONG, LONG way, I remember in 2004 when TiGO was Buzz and I bought my chip for over GHS 17.00 (equivalent), the calls were billed per minute, not per second and the call chargers were a whopping GP 25 a minute. That really sucked.

Now with the advent of per second billing and the tariffs for some networks being a steady GP 8 things are looking up. But what about internet? Honestly even though MTN is the Most-Terrible-Network, they have the best pay as you go mobile internet package in Ghana at the moment (at least I think so) charging a measly GP 3 per megabyte as against Airtel’s GP 20. But on the modem scene for computers, the new kids on the block, Expresso, have the best 1 gigabyte package, coming in at GHS 15.00 a month as compared to MTN’s GHS 25.00 and Airtel’s GHS 30.00.

What’s the best network for callers? I think Airtel. Their calls are always GP 8 per minute, rain or shine, on network or off, and without any form of registration (bite that Voda), unlike MTN, whose zone keeps giving me GP 10 all day, I mean it’s cheaper to use Airtel to call MTN in the daytime, and that really sucks for MTN, unless you get that elusive MTN zone of GP 3. On the flipside Vodaphone’s habit of giving you 25%, 50% and 75% bonuses when you recharge is really cool. Ah well you can’t eat your cake and have it … at least that’s what the books say.

Well I’m just talking plenty but what I really wanted to talk about is the picture in the post. It’s from Airtel’s new promotion that they keep sending me 10 texts a day about. Now the real question is …

WHICH GHANAIAN WILL PICK MONEY FROM A POT?!

Are you kidding me? Is there no juju in India?

3 comments:

  1. India Juju is different!! they don't use ports!! But an India man will never dare pick money from an elephant Tusk!! by Eugene A.K.A India Bugger !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the rate Ghana is going, which Ghanaian WON'T pick money from a pot? Shenko! Ghana hard oo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Very nice one, Shenko- kept me reading to the end. Abt the pot- times have changed- apparently, they even go to Togo to pick from COFFINS. Pot shd be easy fry :-)

    ReplyDelete